Monday, August 29, 2011

Yeah, I forgot......

M: We didn't take anything out of the freezer for dinner did we?
T: Nope, I forgot.
M: So Kraft Dinner or a Pub. We can try one of the new places.
T: Ya, I'm down. Let's try Stonegate Pub off Fairmount Dr.

At least this one is easy to find! Our last few have been tucked away and hiding, but hey, that's part of the adventure!

Stonegate Pub is what you'd expect from a middle class neighbourhood. At the end of a strip mall it's got that amazing 1980's overhang signage that makes it hard to miss and the outside chalkboard detailing the daily specials. Nice, jugs of Canadian $13.50. Good deal until we read the menu. That's where it points out the jugs are only $12.00. Well let's just get one anyway, the bill at the end will be like a surprise!

Wings were on special as it was a Wednesday and they offer tons of flavours. Mike ordered the Stonegate flavour which was sort of teriayki meets honey garlic. The sauce was good, but the best part was that the wings were huge! Not like a normal dinky wing you get at wing night. Of course I want to order a beef dip or a steak sandwich, but I am going for the Chicken Parmesean. Sometimes when we go out Mike will ask me to order him something, just for a little variation. I got him an order of the Fettucini Romanoff. I'd never even heard of it and it sounded tasty. (Minus the mushrooms and onions). It's sort of like a carbonerra, but deglazed with Vodka.

This may have been the best Chicken Parm I've had. Even better then East Side Mario's (and I do love East Sides, so sue me). The portion was enormous! And the creamy garlic sauce on my penne noodles was wonderful. I wasn't sure how much Mike liked his as he didn't finish it. I could attribute that to the wings we started with, but he sure did eat the leftovers the next day, so he must have liked it enough! Then he ate my leftovers too. I hate leftovers :(

For a random Wednesday night at a random pub we had a good time and a great meal. Stonegate pub will for sure be a repeat location if only for the fact that I haven't tried their Beef Dip yet :)



Stonegate Pub and Restaurant on Urbanspoon

1 comment: